Once a secret formula pioneered by ancient healers, this traditional Thai treatment focuses on relieving muscular aches and pains using a steamed herbal heat compress, in conjunction with traditional massage techniques which soothe and relax muscles, improve blood flow and circulation and stimulate the vital organs and senses.
A herbal compress is essentially a collection of carefully selected medicinal herbs, tightly wrapped in muslin and steamed until it is hot. The compress releases aromas and medicinal properties to stimulate acupressure points, which can be helpful when there are areas that cannot be massaged directly due to tenderness or pain. Indeed, herbal compresses are often used in the treatment of chronic conditions, such as back pain and tendinitis.
A herbal heat compress together with a traditional Thai massage means that you can address a particular problem area and still receive all the benefits of a reviving yet soothing massage treatment.
The benefits of a herbal heat compress include:
- Improved blood flow and circulation
- Relief from muscular aches, pains and tension
- Stimulation and improvement in the lymphatic system
- Alleviation from a number of conditions including migraines, arthritis, bronchitis and chronic stress
- Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antiseptic properties, which are particularly helpful for healing minor skin complaints
- Zingiber Cassumnar(Plai)
- Cyrcuma Longa(Turmeric)
- Languas Galanga(Galangal)
- Cassia Alata Linn.(Golden Bush)
- Cymbopogon Nardus Rendle(Citronells Gras)
- Bauhinia Malabarica Roxb.
- Acacia Concinna(Willd.) DC.
- Niebuhria Siamensis Kurz
- Crinum Asiaticum Linn.
- Pandanus Odorus Ridl.
- Cinnamonum Camphora(Campor)
- Cryptolepis Buchanani Roem. & Schult